WTF is up with Ford?

Rate this topic

mchan68

Have any of you seen the Cautionary display on the fmcdealer webpage that states:

WARNING!THIS IS A FORD MOTOR COMPANY PRIVATE COMPUTER SYSTEM. USAGE MAY BE MONITORED. UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE MAY RESULT IN CRIMINAL OR CIVIL PROSECUTION, DISCIPLINE UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT, TERMINATION OF ASSIGNMENT, OR LOSS OF ACCESS. By signing on to the system I agree that, where consistent with applicable law: 1) I do not have any expectation of privacy in my use of the system, 2) My name and business contact information may be collected, processed, and stored by Ford in databases located in the U.S.A., and transferred among Ford and Ford's global affiliates (including the affiliates identified in Ford's most recent annual report on SEC Form 10-K available at the Ford corporate website) and their service providers for the purposes of my business relationship or arrangement with Ford, and 3) Ford actively monitors its information, systems, and data to identify and respond to security threats and losses, and any information or data identified through this monitoring may be shared among Ford and Ford's global affiliates and service providers, and provided to government authorities (including law enforcement).Ford recognizes that in certain jurisdictions there are specific laws, regulations, and labor agreements that may apply, and Ford will comply with such requirements.  

By accessing this system, I acknowledge that it contains information that is Confidential and Proprietary to Ford, its affiliates, dealers, and suppliers, and that I am responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of the information and shall use it only for purposes authorized by Ford. Such information shall not be disclosed or caused to be disclosed without proper authorization from Ford.Ford owns all rights to unpublished work created by or developed for Ford and reserves the right to protect these works as unpublished copyrighted works in the event of an inadvertent or deliberate unauthorized publication. Ford also reserves its rights under the copyright laws to protect these works as published works.
So what are they trying to tell us? That we are being watched (which is not news), or that we are being watched more closely? :crazy:

My main point is, what in the hell is the purpose? I use to do web courses (when needed), run vehicles through OASIS and other resources like every other employee. Is this their way of trying to play "macho man" by telling me that I will get a spanking if I somehow misuse it (however that may be possible)? FUCK THEM!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The other day when the part coverage tool was down, we called esp to see if a part was covered for one of our customers that had to leave to go to alberta for work the next day. The person on the phone said run the part coverage tool. We said we cant, it is down, that is why we called in. They said oh, they didn't know about it being down, then their reply was "I think the part should be covered, but I don't know for sure, You have to run the part coverage tool".