What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Just resealed a oil pan leak on a 2015 with a 2.7.

I really dislike getting all that silicone of of the plastic pan and the block.

I got a real good look at those drain back valves in the pan that make you wait 15 minutes to check oil level. They are a little rubber flapper over a hole.

I finished up an 06 F-350 6.0 I haven't seen in a few years. Got a #5 injector, ficm and a left bank of glow plugs. These plugs were the worst I've ever done, every single harness broke off in the rocker box. I should have taken my own advice and pulled the injectors and popped the harnesses out from the inside. Nope, struggled my ass off and basically picked them all to pieces from the outside. Very irritating.

I got an 08 chevy cobalt with a blown up timing chain tensioner and I got to work this morning and found a towed in no start/ stalled while driving on a 15 F550. Fuel pressure codes. Drained the water seperator into a clean container. Smells like someone filled it up with E-85 instead of diesel.

So far today done a HFCM in a 6.0 and looked at a 12 F-450 with a weird bobble vibration around 45mph. Brand new double coin 19.5s all the way around, I suspect they weren't balanced. I think the last time I felt vibration from a cab and chassis they had the same kind of tires.

Next up is some t-stats on a 6.4

2 front springs and both rear spring pins and bushings on a IH 3800 bus...

good thing we close early and don't re-open till the 4th...

Fortunately there is no need to have it done today as I am not in the working hard mood today! LOL

Merry Christmas and Happy new to all!!

After being dead-slow for the better part of a month things actually picked up a few days prior to Christmas

- 2012 F150 5.0 came in for a leaking water pump, couldn't help but notice the shake at idle, check engine light and P0304. needs a cyl head

- 2009 Escape for an intermediate shaft and a PTU reseal

- 2014 F150 5.0 for a water pump and an axle seal

- 2012 RCMP F150 5.0 for a front pinion seal, metal on metal brakes, a loose rear pinion, leaking bulkhead connector

- 2002 7.3 for an ignition barrel and a starter

beats doing remote starters, mud flaps and oil changes trying to squeak out a pay cheque

Tyler question for you.

Referring to your post about the 5.0

Quote " 2012 F150 5.0 came in for a leaking water pump, couldn't help but notice the shake at idle, check engine light and P0304. needs a cyl head"

What did you find wrong with the head?

Got a bunch of crap here but most interestingly an 04 F-450 6.0 no start. No fuel pressure the pump is just pushing air. Got it in the shop by letting the HFCM draw from a 5 gallon diesel can. Fuel gauge says 1/2 tank, sender ohms out at 100 ohms which should be 1/2. There is definitely no fuel in the tank though. Called a sending unit on it only to find this once I crawled up under the body to release the fuel lines.

Needless to say I was about $1200 low on the estimate.

image.jpg

image.jpg