What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

They're still trying to find me stock parts to get my 6.2L

2012 Focus TCM

I notice that DEF tank heaters are once again back ordered. Need one for a 2016 F350 with only 6000 KM. Hasn't even had it's first oil change yet.

This 6F35 has the torque converter gray death sludge, 2 broken case lugs for the forward clutch snap ring and no application of the forward clutch piston in the center support via air check. Basically all the most common stuff I read about. I'm interested to see how much of a hard time esp gives me considering how widely know these failures are

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looked at an 01 E-150 4.6 with coolant leaking in the valley. I guess there's a heater tube that rots out? Either way I'm pulling the intake to have a look.

Also ESP approved my trans no questioned asked

- both exhaust manifolds on a 2011 6.2 super duty

- l/side head gasket leaking oil on a 2011 Exped, going back together now

- Torqueshift on a 6.2 F250 with a flare on the 3 to 4 upshift when cold, misses 4th completely after reaching temp. fluid burnt - unit is coming out.

- 2007 Mark LT for both exhaust manifolds, a p/s pressure line and a rear crown and pinion

Crown wheel and pinion. Everyone in the Queen's realm knows that is what the propeller shaft drives on a lorrie in order to get the wheels to rotate.

• Like 1

- 2007 Mark LT for both exhaust manifolds, a p/s pressure line and a rear crown and pinion

Wtf is a crown and pinion?

A great example of subtle cultural differences ; ) ...... You know when work is done for the day I love sitting back on the chesterfield and eating some Kraft Dinner while sipping on a Caesar.

• Like 1

Ya , sure, you betcha, Den I go eat a little sauerkraut and dumplings maybe some smearkucan. Gell?  You darsent forget some beer and sheephead too.

(crown wheel was a new one for me too)

Wtf is a crown and pinion?

A great example of subtle cultural differences ; ) ...... You know when work is done for the day I love sitting back on the chesterfield and eating some Kraft Dinner while sipping on a Caesar.

I'll just go get a drink from the bubbler.

I finished the tranny today. New case half, converter, center support, input shaft, clutch tower, valve body, fluid pump and all new seals. Shifts like a dream. I'm happy

• 2 weeks later...

I have some 7.3 no start diag to perform. Just last Friday I fixed a broken exhaust manifold stud on this truck, it ran totally fine for me then. Now it cranks but won't build base or ICP after 10-15 seconds and I check the HPOP reservoir. It's half full so I have the asset kid crank while I watch the level. Just about the time it almost filled the reservoir the thing nearly started. Stuck the plug in, cranked some more and it started and ran.

No idea what would cause the reservoir to drain out yet. I'm not too keen on these things

Just finished a rear gear set on a 2016 F150 with only 1400 KM's on it, for an apparent vibration. I didn't do any of the diagnosis, the tech that looked at it didn't do any rear diff diagnosis either. Someone in management called the gear set. They road tested after and said "It drives smooth, but I never really felt the vibration in the first place." Our shop foreman is leaning more towards the torque converter because it only happens when the trans is hot and torque is locked and changes with engine RPM....I got that info after I finished the gear set.

Leon, I have recently done a gear set on a 16 f-150 for a decel vibration most noticeable around 70km/hr. It had .008" backlash variation as well as a strange wipe pattern on the coast side. There is also a bunch of hotline reports of gear sets repairing vibration concerns on these.

Have an 09 F-550 v10 that's had ongoing fuel pump issues due to debris in the tank from a leaking filler neck I nailed down last time it was here. Now it's back for a long crank cold and it lets out a big puff of smoke when it does finally go. Tank is clean this time but the pump took another dump. New pump brought the pressure back but it still fails the leakdown test. Unplugged the injectors, pulled the rail up and damn near all the injectors are leaking fuel into the intake ports. Fuel pressure will leakdown to zero in minutes and I bet overnight air gets into the fuel rail. The little one second prime at koeo isn't enough.

Put 10 injectors in it and the leakdown was 10x better. It basically hit 45psi and held. I think I got this one nailed down. Monday I have to do a left side manifold and extract atleast 4 broken studs.

About 6-8 months ago our asset kid bought an 06 F-250 6.0 that's been slowly turning into a project. It came with a whistling turbo so we took that off and put on a built turbo I still had laying around. I also fixed a leaking up-pipe at the same time. Then a few months ago I was back in it again for a #8 injector that went south.

Now yesterday I tore basically the whole high pressure system apart looking for a leak. Started out under the right valvecover since I hadn't been there before. #1 injector was leaking a wee bit but not much. Then I went to the high pressure pump which I found had been replaced at one point (orange seals). Nothing there either so I air checked right at the branch tube and it started blowing hard from under the left valve cover.

Wound up finding a eroded away injector seal on #2. This truck has 5 ford remans and 3 unknown reman injectors. It got those 3 unknown brand injectors replaced.

image.jpg

• Like 1

F150 3.5L turbo right side.

Focus clutch

2 Focus TCM's

Crap ton of PDI's, used vehicle inspections and commercial vehicle inspections.

Worked on a few 6.7L's. One in particular had 2 back to back turbos put in at my last employer shortly after I left there, it came to us with a plugged MAP sensor.

I put a spark plug insert in a 2v 5.4, finished up tires and an alignment with shims on a E-250 cutaway and put a rear hub on a F450 that someone left loose during rotor replacement (200 miles ago). Lucky the hub didn't damage the axle tube, it wouldn't have been much longer

image.jpg