6.7L bump to 800ftlbs torque

Rate this topic

When will this ridiculous power war end? Seriously! What the fuck are people doing with a light duty truck that puts out 800 LB/FT of torque? This power "improvement" was suggested around the time the 2011 GM trucks were released, so it's not that new of a story but at least now it seems likely.

In some of the public forums my thoughts are echoed by many who suggest that they would rather see improvements in fuel economy and reliability. But, as you might expect, there are those who welcome the increase however it will never be enough.

This sounds a little bit like the muscle care horsepower era my dad has told me about, and the whole king of the hill era we went through with truck engines several years ago. I am with you keith if your camper is that fricking big that you are out of power to pull it in you're pick-up its time to buy a bigger rig. Perhaps you should be looking in the class 7 or 8 truck region. . . . My personal 6.0 is 325 and 560 as shipped from ford and I have plenty of power to pull the fifth wheel horse trailers and gooseneck flat beds I use, even if they are overloaded a little( but that never happens. . .) I wouldnt feel safe with the brakes and everything else if I had a big enough trailer to feel underpowered. The problem is that that a lot of people that buy these trucks expect that the truck should acellerate the same empty as it does with 20,000lbs on it. It is a diesel 1 ton 4x4 it wont accelerate like a mustang, if that is what you are looking for buy a mustang. just my two cents on the matter

When will this ridiculous power war end? Seriously! What the fuck are people doing with a light duty truck that puts out 800 LB/FT of torque?

This is all I could think of as I read your post!!

Wasn't that some jack-off from Ford in that truck? I know what they were intending to show but how many short-dicked slack-jawed rednecks now think it is okay to abuse their bread and butter trucks at the Saturday night hayseed dance or set the dial on extreme smoke and run it down a track. Fucking parlor tricks. I hate them. This is right up there with all of those stupid Toyota truck commercials.

You are just gonna LOVE THIS. It's better than blinker fluid and "O" pipes combined.

What is beginning to confuse me..... A change in power output is going to come at a change in combustion chamber temps/pressures and a corresponding change in tailpipe stuff. So - are they gonna work after-treatments harder or what?

While Johnny Needledick can do just about anything his wallet will allow him, Ford Corporate still has to answer to the EPA Gods, yeah?

When i took 6.7 training in cin ohio train instructor said truck was a preproducting truck on loan to a dealer from truck plant. Truck was intend to only be there for show only. He said dealer got alot of shit from ford because they pulled truck with out fords permission.

We don't certify the chassis cert trucks at full load so the change in HP/TQ rating will basically be transparent to the regulators.

"I see", said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer..... and saw.... Posted Image

Jim, When did they start putting IH EGR coolers on BMW's? Been doing it a while I guess as that looks like an old 320i.

Wasn't that some jack-off from Ford in that truck? I know what they were intending to show but how many short-dicked slack-jawed rednecks now think it is okay to abuse their bread and butter trucks at the Saturday night hayseed dance or set the dial on extreme smoke and run it down a track. Fucking parlor tricks. I hate them. This is right up there with all of those stupid Toyota truck commercials.

Oh, you mean the stuff that if you actually tried in a Toyota pickup (should you be able to keep it from driving around full throttle) you'd die doing it, since that truck is a huge pile of shit?

I saw an ad today for Toyota...said "Why is summer best to buy a Toyota?" my immediate answer was: because the lake/river you end up in after the uncontrollable acceleration event won't be near as cold as it would be in the winter?

I seriously thought that smoke screen thing was a joke... Someone please tell me that it is...

The Kale Auto stuff (blinker fluid, O pipes and cross drill brake lines) is obviously tongue in cheek....

Unfortunately, Hoffman Group stuff is serious business (I guess) capitalism with a "build it and somebody will buy it" attitude.... after all, people mount lights under their trucks - and then go in the mud. Look at it this way - this shit keeps Pacific Rim and third world country sweatshops busy (subjugating human rights is one of their major products).

One mans "what the fuck is that abortion?" is another mans bling. This is why we have lift kits, stacks paired with clouds of barely combusted fuel, P rated tires on a F350 and most modern body piercings (does anyone ever consider what that tattoo is going to look like when they're 60?).

Oh, yes, Aaron... the smoke screen and the flame thrower are very, very real and very, very available.... It'll go bitchin' with them Lambo door hinges, the underbody neon lights, the insane u-joint deflection angles and the chip that promises to change the earths rotation if you can get the traction.

The world we live in is so VERY DIFFERENT from the world I grew up in Posted Image

I suppose it's always a good thing to have in your back pocket i fyou get into an arguement with the neighbors. 800 lbs/ft and you could simply relocate their house while they're out.

Providing wet stacking doesn't rear it's ugly head. So many combustion after-treatments rely on higher temps to initiate a self cleaning process (this is undoubtedly an over simplification).

One might opine that cars don't seem to have the sane concerns as Super Duty trucks.... Consider... the diesel engine in the car is sized and tuned to consider the car as being close to optimum weight. The Super Duty is sized and designed to be at an optimum weight that is, more often than not, much different from the "normal" weight.

The EGR valve has been, traditionally, a weak point in the system with both the 6.0 AND the 6.4. Ford has moved the EGR valve to the "hot end" of the system... This may reduce EGR coking and sticking... but what shall we see as the next weak link in the chain?

With the exhaust in the middle of the motor, will we soon see a "the coffee was hot" kind of lawsuit if we allow underhood insulation to deteriorate above the centre mounted exhaust components?

Way back when, we could fix most problems with a new set of plugs, a set of points and a condenser. Since then, the world has gotten a wee bit more complex....

But that was back when we used to dump anitfreeze in the gutter, vent AC systems to atmosphere and, in general, disregard the environment entirely... Since then, we are getting smarter... or at least some of us are....

But that was back when we used to dump anitfreeze in the gutter, vent AC systems to atmosphere and, in general, disregard the environment entirely... Since then, we are getting smarter... or at least some of us are....

Some of us. I, for one, still tend to vent my A/C gauges into the hindquarters region of the nearest technician leaning over a fender.

So.... I'm in another forum and the subject on the power increase comes up.....

And it struck me... right twixt the eyes....

We tell people that a reprogrammer that increases power might void their warranty... but you drive that puppy into my bay and I will install a program that will increase your power and wont affect your warranty.

Congratulations!!!!Ford has got you talking out of both sides of your mouth at one and the same time....

I'm pretty sure that the main reason I go to work in the morning is because I want to see what happens next....Ford is offering ample opportunity

Ford put out the first set of numbers in anticipation of GM releasing their improved 6.6 with higher numbers. I was told by an instructor while on a course that the new 6.7 went through all the same testing on multiple programs and this "new" program was one of them. Pretty sure it was a well planned thing I say good job Ford Posted Image