New PTS Website

Rate this topic

I like the new drop down windows feature for links. No more jumping between 3 or 4 different menus when going through repair procedures. You can stack them all up and stay on the same page. Very nice to work with. Other than that, I haven't seen any other changes to our site.

The PTS site is a bit slow, but then so is my computer Posted Image

That being said, I've heard a lot of complaints from a couple of guys I work with....I say get over it and learn how to adapt! You complaining isn't going to make Posted Image change their minds on how they've re-developed the site. And honestly, I think it's a bit easier to use, after the initial 'where did the put everything' phase. Posted Image

It works well with my new i5 windows 7 desktop. It's a little slower on my dual core laptop, but not too bad.

I do like the embedded links that open windows within the procedure you're doing, if one isn't familiar with everything in a particular job.

Our indie shop has access via fordinstallersupport.com, our local Ford store sponsors us.

The new format... I'm underwhelmed. Used to be you could get to the header you wanted in a couple of mouse clicks... Now it seems like you are drilling down through layer after layer.... only to discover what you want is in another list.

Change for the sake of change?

No it hasn't been under the hood for a while, it tells you right on the decal refer to manufacturer specifications. Granted 95% of fords plugs are .052-.056 but every once in a while you'll get an oddball gap.

I seem to remember 4.0 sohcs are wider

No it hasn't been under the hood for a while, it tells you right on the decal refer to manufacturer specifications. Granted 95% of fords plugs are .052-.056 but every once in a while you'll get an oddball gap.

I seem to remember 4.0 sohcs are wider

I'm seeing that it is folly to not use both OASIS AND the WSMs. There's a TSB (I think for Edge and something else) that has you reflash a module for a steering pull... a broadcasty mesage about initializing Focus windshield wipers and the goofy shit goes on.

Even back in the early ought-oughts, super duty wheel nut torque was a moving target for a while.

I would think that they should make info easier to access rather than forcing us to drill down through drop-down after drop-down in the WSMs.

In Fords defense, it is nice that they list pertinent data, such as bolt torque or subnotes and clearances/gaps, all in the repair steps.

I actually like the new format. I even like how part numbers in exploded view diagrams are now clickable to give you the full part number as I understand it. NOW, I'm just trying to figure out what USER-ID and log-in I need to be able to access it. For me, this would be a very handy time-saver when trying to order parts, instead of waiting for the parts guys who aren't so up to speed to look them up.

Quote:
parts guys who aren't so up to speed

I feel your pain Mike. Ours has to look up a 5.4l or 6l oil filter every time. Has been here almost a year. (we cant figure out why?)

Quote:
parts guys who aren't so up to speed

I feel your pain Mike. Ours has to look up a 5.4l or 6l oil filter every time. Has been here almost a year. (we cant figure out why?)

But I have to ask... you have been around long enough, don't you know what filters you use continuously? Just sayin. Posted Image I do think though that a parts counter person should know the simple common things off the top of their heads. Especially if the dealership is a one or two car line store... it's not like NAPA where they sell filters for everything.

As for the new PTS site I am getting used to it but I still have problems with it being slow. I can't blame Ford for that as my dealer is still using the "old dealership's" computer system and Internet line which is choked and slow. That and my work laptops are aging. We will be switching to a nice speedy fiber optic Internet connection soon however and this issue should improve for me drastically.

I also think the new WSM format is nice from the navigation to the added embedded features like links, videos and color pictures. We have come a long way.

My only real criticism for now is the appearance of the site, it still looks outdated and clunky. If you were a web developer or webmaster you would know what I saying. You can layout a web page to make it easier to view, buttons and tabs could be neater and easier to read and given an up to date modern look. This is Ford for crying out loud - it's not like they don't have the money and resources to allow their IT team to do things a smidge better. Posted Image

A lot of times, I find myself requesting parts by full part numbers just to help speed the process up. It's pretty pathetic when there are parts guys asking ME for the appropriate base part numbers that customers are looking for.

• 1 month later...

Heads up to Canadian techs. When we switch over to the new style PTS site, depending on which way you "LINK" to oasis it may be tricky figuring out the multiple vehicle session aspect. If you access it through the "Service publications" link in the "Parts and Service" column you will have to go back and click that link for each new vehicle. If you access it through the"Protect" link in the Training column, then click "Etoolbox", this will get you to the page that allows the use of the "CTRL K" function to open new tabs for multiple sessions. Good luck to us all.