What's in your bay, part III

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2006 Honda Foreman with an HMF pipe, Dyno Jet kit, Quad Works Air System, Quad Rax Lift kit, STI Mud Trax tires, Kolpin long range fuel tank, Magellan GPS System, and just installing all new sealed All Balls Bearings. YZF450, just gettin that ready for the season too. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

2011 F550 for a plugged EGR cooler. 2nd of 4 waiting to be done.

All 4 trucks are oil field with high idle switches installed.

We are wondering if the high idle we are installing on these trucks is allowing the cooler bypass to allow enough flow through the cooler to plug them up.

2011 F550 for a plugged EGR cooler. 2nd of 4 waiting to be done.

All 4 trucks are oil field with high idle switches installed.

We are wondering if the high idle we are installing on these trucks is allowing the cooler bypass to allow enough flow through the cooler to plug them up.

That's an interesting concept. Do you have time to put one on a high idle at your shop for a while and graph the bypass valve command? I'm kind of curious what the PCM uses for inputs and why the PCM would bypass the coolers.

What code do you have- low EGR flow?

Posted Image

The bypass stays closed. I did notice, when I had it all apart, that with the bypass flap in the bypass position there is a 1/8 inch gap, so it doesn't completely block off flow to the cooler. Excessive idle must be the issue here. Not sure how Ford intends to deal with this one. At least they are fairly easy to do.

P0401 in memory. If it sets P2457 KOER you dig into TSB 12-03-13. If not you diagnose by PCED, but ends up being the same repair.

I have alot of bays now.

This week consists delivering two vehicles to las vegas

and 10 different DOT inspections with minor repairs in two different states along my way

Originally Posted By: lmorris
Putting a used transmission in a 2003 Windstar.

EWWWWWWWWW!!!! Got no real work?

Do now, retail right turbo inlet pipe on a 2008.

BTW, I made some decent money on that trans job. And the thing was recently overhauled.

Crap load of diesel oil changes, fuel filters, and 12b33 recalls. Making a freaking killing here folks.

Cought a 1993 F800 with a tandem tow hook today. The 7.8L Ford New Holland engine won

t start. Wow, it has been a LOOOOOOONG time since I have seen one of these!!!

brand new 2012 ecoboost F-150 came in from another dealer with the A/C belt shredded. That wasn't too fun, working on something for the first time usually never is, never even done an oil change on an ecoboost yet.

If you haven't done it yet getting the stretch belt back on is primative

Cought a 1993 F800 with a tandem tow hook today. The 7.8L Ford New Holland engine won

t start. Wow, it has been a LOOOOOOONG time since I have seen one of these!!!

We still get a fair number of these through our doors. No powerhouse, but they are pretty reliable. We still even have a couple of 2 stroke Detroit's that come in every so often !

Transmission bulk head connector sleeve and front pump adapter seal on a 2009 F150.

This is one I always love and I always rib whoever in our shop utters the phrase. Most of the guys I know have never even seen a trans with a rear pump, but the term has become ageless... Posted Image

'08 f250 broken manifold bolt - driver's side, my socket broke and rounded off one of the lower bolts at the front right above the engine mount, now the cabs off and the head is off, got the bolts extracted, ready to go back together in the morning

'11 f650 cummins, DEF heater started melting the DEF tank, got debris in the lines and had to flush it out, now waiting on new parts Posted Image

'07 6.0 HP oil leak (shocking I know)

'12 F450 hard pull to the right when braking - left front caliper is leaking out the piston seals (only 1600 miles)

'05 6.0 Coolant smell (didn't get a chance to look at this one today)

2 2012 superdoodies with def fault displayed in the dash....

08 retail turbo drain tube leak, egr cooler, front crank seal, tie rod end and drag link ends, front and rear brakes, full service, oh and a broken dipstick. Then retail t-stats, radiator and egr cooler hose on another 08

Just had an 02 saturn vue with the 3.0 dohc german engine pissing

coolant down the front and back of the.motor. The oil cooler cover

had a hole in it. An 05 e350 6.0 box truck, rt. valvecover becuase the oil fill hole

was mangled up-did it in the rain at night with one of my drunk customers

hanging around me butching that.i should lower my labor price on.a job he

wants done. Anyway did it in.just over an hour. Also got four rotors,.bearings

radiator hoses, fanclutch, inner trans harness and fluid temp sensor and a

good cooling system flush-took 3 days due to waiting for them to.deliver me

the radiator hoses they ordered online.

07 dodge ram 3500 for a ujoint and.some diag. I will post about it, it's comeing

back sunday night for an.abs light.and no speed with no comunication with the

abs. Also they have to.spray.either to get it stsrted every time and it.runs

fine and.doesnt shut off, it has a.5.9 in it,.i have no exp. with those but I will take

a stab at it with shopkey info.

Had an 07 f350 with a check.engine light and lacks power at times. The owner just put

in a turbo. It had plenty of codes with.a ebp circuit code that kept coming on koeo.

It was coroded inside, changed it and.code disapeared and lots

of power, customer very happy.

96 monte with no air blowing out of vents, vacuum line repair.

92 lexus for all kinds of stuff and waiting on a hydro fan line.

Got to put a rack in an 01 jetta when I get in.

And doing timeingbelt, vtech solenoid.gasket, distributor

seal, waterpump, rack, ps pump, high pressure line,

tuneup, hoses and thermostat sunday night if he shows

up.

A 2011 E-350 6.8L V10 with 20,000 kms. with cylinders #1, #2, #4 and #5 with spun connecting rod bearings. A 2005 F-350 needing the "6.0L tune-up MAJOR" leaving a white coolant trail the moment it's started up, EOT pegs at 240*F and the coolant bottle just balloons up from driving around the block. A 2004 F-250 in on the hook that another shop tried re-installing the FICM they sent out to be rebuilt, now needing a FICM harness and cylinder #8 injector because they were too aggressive with the connectors. And last, but not least, a Brazilian 2008 F-4000 with a 3.9L inline 4 Cummins engine in for a service.