Shut Down Noise

Rate this topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys my 12' is making this noise, can even hear it when its running. I took it into my dealer and they contacted hotline and ford told them it is normal. How expensive is the actuator? I am not going to listen to my 60,000 dollar truck make this noise. Its a bad deal when you are the lone "ford guy" in dodge country and you stop somewhere and youre truck is groaning at key off. Guys give you a lot of shit for it. I guess I am not a believer in the " its normal" when it did not do it from new.  thanks

There is a way to claim if the dealer wanted too. Try another place and raise enough hell if you need to. Its not a normal noise obviously as we have seen what fixes it

Well since I am not a ford dealer technician I am unable to access tsb. Would it be possible for you guys to post the tsb 13-10-07 that was refferenced earlier in the post so I could see what it has to say? I would like to have the facts before I call my dealer tomorrow and tell them they need to fix my truck. A little sad that I have to do the research for them but in there defense their long time diesel tech just retired due to physical problems so I will cut them a bit of slack for now.

No problem, I was in the chat room but I got like 10 windows open at the moment and forgot all about it. When I came back to it you had stopped by and I got the boot for inactivity. :D

• 4 weeks later...