What's In Your Bay - Part IV

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

1993 Lincoln Town car sittin on 22's, with absolutely ever possible thing wrong with it that can be wrong. I have never seen so many pattern failures on one vehicle at the same time. You think that the previous owner would have had to have fixed some of these things along the line at some point. For now it's getting the vacuum tee to the PCV hose,

1993 Lincoln Town car sittin on 22's, with absolutely ever possible thing wrong with it that can be wrong. I have never seen so many pattern failures on one vehicle at the same time. You think that the previous owner would have had to have fixed some of these things along the line at some point. For now it's getting the vacuum tee to the PCV hose,

The portion highlighted in bold says it all. Probably some black dude that owns it, wanting to "bling it up" by making it look stupid like that. Those kind of guys are the ones that like to drive expensive vehicles but don't have a pot to piss in. It's likely on your doorstep because it doesn't drive. It had to have been badly neglected because those cars are probably the best cars FoMoCo ever made.

Careful there Mike, I roll on 20's now.

LOL

Posted Image

Damn you Aaron!!! I'm looking for a set of 20s for my truck.

I got those for a smoking deal. Buddy of mine had them, new tires on them. $1000.

Only downside was they were off a Job 1 truck so I had to turn my TPMS off, but no big thing.

I didn't want to put the sensors from my wheels in them because my buddy had just spent a pile of cash on them getting them all road-force balanced before I picked them up.

What size rims did yours come with originally? 18s? Were they steels or aluminums? My eventual plan is to have 20s for summers and 18 steels with snows on them for the winter.

18 inch steels factory.

I'm having trouble locating a winter tire for those, I want to do the same thing.

I may just run BFG All Terrains in the winter and the good years in the summer.

Check out "big mikes truck stuff", they do a ton of takeoff stuff. Maybe you can get some '13 20's. yours is 05+ right?

Mine is an '07 6.0L with a December 2006 build date. No offense, but I declined on the idea of getting a 6.4L for numerous reasons, even though I could've scored one when I bought my truck for around the same price. The ONLY way I'll be parting with my truck is if it were to be within my means to end up with a '12 or newer 6.7L, the chances of which will likely be NONE.

Mike, try Windmill Truck Caps in Elora, they have TONS of takeoffs, reasonably priced, I got tires/rims there for my GMC

Yes, I've seen their ad posted on Kijiji numerous times but I think they are asking outrageous prices. Something like $2500 for a set of four rims on tires.

2004 F350 5.4, started as leaking head gaskets (oil).  Pulled the motor, as it had so much rot (plow truck) and after disassembly and sending heads out, heads warped, exhaust valves leaking.  Needs chains, guides, tensioners, appears to be overheated as cyls 2,3,4 all show scuffing.. 

Customer now opted for crate motor.  Still gets new manifolds, trans lines, ps lines, a/c lines.  Should be putting in tomorrow. 

Finished up phasers, solenoids and tensioners on a 07 F-150 today.  First gasser engine repair I've done in a while.  Why? Our recent asset graduate high tailed it right in the middle of the job.  Kept insisting it needed a motor and why were we wasting time with cam phasers?  Made up a story about finding metal under the rear cam caps but when I looked yesterday there was nothing.  I helped him check oil pressure earlier this week and it was fine.  Cut open the filter? Nothing.  Just a bandaid repair I guess :P

Just when I thought I was getting ahead one of our guys decided to ram the dock in revearse.... :crazy:  He hit so hard it destroyed the liftgate and ripped the boddy from its mounts shoving it into the cab!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guess I get more truck building projects in the shop! No shortage of work around here thats for sure :thumbup:

TR sensor on a 2006 F350 5.4L

It's an '06 so it has a Torqshift, not a 4R100. This means the TR sensor is internal, and requires manual lever removal to replace if I'm not mistaken. What may I ask is the reason for replacement?