2015 Transit Production Begins

Rate this topic

God I hate those thingsI still think its a mistake dumping the e-van

DITTO!!! Same goes for dumping the Crown Vics.

Have you seen the American Pickers guy with his new Transit and the accompanying advertisement?  I'd bet not only did he get it for free but was paid well on top of it for the ad. Great exposure for Ford to get him out of the Sprinter. The episode had him doing "tons of research for days and days" looking at different van options.  When FMC gives it to you, how hard is the decision?   :haha2:

:grin:

• Like 1

Im not against change but I think the transit is going to be able to fill the shoes of what the E-van did. Just the other day our electrician was in doing some work in my shop. I noticed his e-van was loaded to the hilt inside/roof which made me think about how that pos transit would do with that kind of weight. I asked him if he knew the e-van was going away in favor of the transit, He had no idea what a transit was. I showed him some pictures and specs and he was less then impressed to say the least.

I just dont get all the European thinking rammed down our throats but hey what do I know I just fix the things ::bang::

It will be interesting how the transit takes hold and if it can prove itself over the e-van. Time will tell in this case. Interesting motor options as well. Is the I-5 diesel still slated for the transit?

God I hate those thingsI still think its a mistake dumping the e-van

DITTO!!! Same goes for dumping the Crown Vics.

Yup. As soon as Ford has something figured out it goes by the wayside. I know CAFE numbers and whatnot, but the 2v gas jobs in the Econoline and the Crown Vic were great and those vehicles were bullet proof. Same goes for the Ranger.

• 1 month later...

We have gotton 2 in so far, one with the 3.7 engine and one with the Ecoboost. I've already told the guy that does PDI's to let me know when one comes in with the diesel.

I PDI'd one today with the Ecoboost - stripped cargo van with the medium roof option. It boogies along empty, the ride quality was surprisingly decent and the handling is tight for a full sized van. At average height I can stand in the cargo area.

The overall design is growing on me but the gray cladding body side panels and bumpier look shitty as does the cheap looking, piecemeal plastic interior trim and dash panel. Really Ford? It's 2014!

Mixed impressions on under hood serviceability. From the top it does not look too bad however from below the engine and transmission look encapsulated. Have fun getting to the turbos let alone anything transmission related.

Anyone spot the rubber universal joint at the transmission output shaft?