What's In Your Bay - Part V

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

- 2014 F150 6R80 for a trans pump

- 2014 F150 5.0 for 2 cylinder heads and an inner tie rod

- 2014 F150 5.0 for the right side cylinder head

the 5 liter is the new 6 liter : )

Funny you say that Matt. My favourite '14 is back with the dreaded P207F that I foresee giving me fits. Yet you and I both bought new ones. Go figure.

Did back to back 6.7 EGR coolers today. Road tested the second one and it set a P2A00 that it never had before. Try and see if they want a NOx sensor tomorrow.

It seems to me that 6.7's are great for setting codes like that. Fix one and 2 days later it's back and the guy ain't happy.

The one I had replaced NOX sensors on then the SCR/DPF assembly, then the PCM, all for a p207F that wouldn't clear or come out of idle only, came back a few days ago with P2074 and needed an EGR valve.

2006 F350 6L with 207000 KMS, oil cooler blew. This thing is clean, has never been apart, still had the original STC fitting in it. A rare find if you ask me.

Got that NOx sensor in that one 6.7, cleared the tables and it seems to be fine. Next week leaves pulling the 6.4 out of that rollback and I'm pending an oil cooler replacement on a an 06 F-450 6.0 that my best customer just picked up at the auction. This truck is from the south, very clean underneath

Today I didn't do too much, got the shop cleaned up really well. It seems like this place manifests garbage. We have a shop full of guys that just throw shit everywhere and never clean up.

Got a 6.7 F-550 dump here making a racket from the front accessory drive. Of course it's an engine mounted PTO and a noise I've never heard. Sounds like rocks in a tumbler.

I was able to sneak the upper fan shroud and fan out without disconnecting too much. Ran the engine with the PTO belt off, noise still there. Got the main belt off and no more noise. Sure enough that aftermarket fan pulley bracket/bearing is the source. Who the hell knows what it's going to take to get one of these.

image.jpg

That fan pulley is $710 by itself, not even including the bracket. We had the body builder fax over a parts diagram. It actually shows 3 serviceable bearings that aren't too expensive and crossed over to a number our local NAPA stocks. So I'm probably going to be finding out how hard those are to change.

Nope, bone stock.  Nothing wrong with the turbo other than the center housing leaking. Exhaust manifolds were done at another dealer.  I think I am going to crack this one open and have a look inside. 

Going back together with the F-550 dump with the failed fan drive bearings. Once the whole PTO bracket is out the fan drive unbolts from the rear. The unit has a snap ring holding the pulley shaft in, pressed that out easily with a bearing splitter holding the hub. Then the bearings have their own snap ring holding them in the hub.

The bearings I took out looked about the same as the ones I put in. 3 of them all stacked on top of each other. All 3 originals felt pretty bad.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg