What's In Your Bay - Part V

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Part 5 for those who cant read Roman. FYI I lock these topics and start a new one after 20 pages as excessively large post data in the database might cause issues so as a precaution I cut these off at 20... all this means is that you can't post there any more but the topic, all posts and images will always still be available.

Carry on men!

Got a 2012 f450 military ambulance to put in a def tank sender because of the heater. Our shop cant lift it, tank is full, and the brackets are upside down to accomodate the ambulance build. Oh well, bench press it.

07 F-450 dump 6.0. Needs coolers, clean intake, clean turbo, 2 injectors and has a pretty decent oil leak down the front somewhere I need to find. Belt driven PTO ontop of the right valve cover which I need to reposition

Have a 2008 F350 that almost had a runaway condition on startup lol Oil level was 7 quarts filled with fuel. CAC cooler filled with oil. Have a fuel leak i need to find. 

Wow a 6.0 leak oil out of a new spot?  How about the compuchek fitting on the front of the oil cooler cover.  Can't say I've seen that one before and it makes quite a mess down the front of the engine/accessory drive.  Guess I need a cooler cover because I can't seem to locate a fitting to plug it up.

Got another 6.0 ambulance in today.  #2 is a dead miss, pouring fuel smoke from the tailpipe and I've got fuel coming out from between the head and exhaust manifold. My guess a cracked tip again. I just put injectors in this thing 10/2013 approx 40k miles ago so that one injector will be warranty.  I am not sure about subsequent damages though, I don't believe they will be covered if it has pieces missing. 

And the saga begins.

Did I read right? That's from an E-Series AMBULANCE? :sick:  How bad is the piston/cylinder head damage? Better you than me.

Yes it's from a 09 E-350 drw ambulance, it's this companies main box ambo.  I won't know the damage until the head comes off.  Regardless of what the damage is it needs to be addressed, I doubt the piece of nozzle made it out without leaving its mark.  It's got 175k so I'd like to do as much as possible if the engine is coming out.  I called their mechanic tonight and gave him the news. I'll find out more tomorrow. 

ha!  I'll chime in.

Got a no start hot on a 2009 Tiger Truck and two golf carts.  One won't charge and the other has a broken steering linkage.  Probably jumping too many medians chasing speeders!

Storing my mustang there too, does that count?

Oh, and a recumbent bicycle build.  My first one!

Gotta love summertime!

Matt, I have had one of those fittings leak. I'm pretty sure I plugged it with an oil drain plug. I'll try to remember for sure :chinrub2:.

At work :Just finished an 05 f-350 bed plate reseal. 1st one ever retail. (a/m warranty) And while it was out the customer wanted the head gaskets done and ARP studs installed. Plus It had multiple p/s leaks, a pinion seal leak, a fuel leak, a coolant leak, I think that was it. 2012 f-350 shocks, pinion seal, trans service and the wastegate hoses, an 06 dodge governor pressure sensor and solenoid, 2012 f-250 mil on, reducant line heater open circuit, Now an 08 f-450 that wont build hp fuel pressure. pheww, and this is just since Monday.

At home : 1970 chevy c-10 pickup, retro fitting to a tci street fighter 700r4 trans. (I built a 475hp small block for it last year, now he wants a cruising gear) should be done by Friday, just waiting for the driveshaft to get lengthened and balanced. Still working on the 37 ford pickup. Owner decided to go full on, set a 75k budget. Now its getting a full chassis built by total cost involved in california, (4 link rear suspension with a 9", IFS front end, on air all the way around.) 430 hp LT1 from a 97 corvette, 4L65 trans, widening the fenders and boards 4" overall. We are nearly done the sheetmetal work and mock up. Cant wait to get the chassis painted and start assembling it.

What's a tiger truck?

Maybe this http://www.tigertruck.com/ :whattodo:

Looks like a Tiger Truck IS a golf cart!  Hino.

Posted Image

This is one...  Non street legal, even though it has lights and seat belts.  Four cylinder engine with an EVAP system.  No EGR or other emissions controls.  Speed limited to 20 miles per hour.  Our school has a half dozen of the four door pickup models.

Found the problem with this unit, failed ignition coil.  From the manufacturer, they cost $7 each.  Gotta buy them in lots of 10, with $80 shipping from overseas...

Fixed the golf cart, had to rob steering linkage parts off another down unit.  This golf cart has slotted rotors!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Waiting for engine #3 to come in for the 2nd of 2 Hi-Rail trucks, one of the 2 used engines sent to us had no bearings left in it. So now I am going thorugh a list of 60 fleet PDI's. 

From this week and into next:

'03 Hummer H2, Idler arm, steering box (locknut rotted off, pitman arm loosened and destroyed splines), RF wheel bearing with about 8" of play at tire, front pads and rotors (completely rotted).  Customer declined on steel rear brakes, and LF window glass (all inside door). 

'05 Toyota Sienna, almost melt down, radiator, melted t-stat, melted water pump seals, timing belt, associated pulleys and tensioner.  It lived. 

'05 Lexus RX330, rack and pinion, timing belt, 4 wheel brakes and rotors on steel, 4 bald and belt-shifted tires.

'99 F350 dually 7.3 2wd, 3 out of 4 brakes nearly locked on, LF rotor, 2 front calipers, hoses, loaded rear calipers, rotors and hoses. 

'01 F250 7.3 4x4, stuck on rear brakes, rotors, loaded calipers and hoses.  Front shocks.  PM.

'10 E350 ambulance, 6.0, no ICP while cranking when hot. 

'10 E350 ambulance, 6.0, still no trans for it yet.

Nasty old 1999 B1500 Dodge van, complete front end, 4 ball joint, all steering linkage. 

Several early '00 Honda Accords and Odysseys with check engine lights.

Finally have some work. 

I did my cab and chassis 6.7 turbo today (war).  Also upsold a primary rad, brakes all around, and fuel filters/grease job. That things ready to roll first thing tomorrow morning. 

Outside is a 7.3 I think needs undercover harnesses.  Also the 05 F-550 dump with fuel in the coolant + 8 injectors. I have them 90% sold on getting it done.  I've given them the option to get a set of heads done like the ones I have for my truck.  2 heads resurfaced, valves recessed, hardened seats, new seals and injector cups installed all for less than the price of one new Ford head (no core either).   It's going to get studded too.  I won't have time to do it for at least a week anyways.

I've gotta start this ambulance soon or it's never going to get rolling, maybe Sunday. 

13 F150 ecoboost with a leaking down timing chain tensioner. rattle rattle on initial start after cold soak.

13 1.6 Escape with a leaking water pump, found on a previous 13S12 but the pumps were backordered for a long while. these are fun. timing belt comes off.

13 1.6 Escape for a 13S12, found the headgasket leaking, head warped ......... long block time. it's almost done. just need to put the front end back together and fill it with fluids.

12 F250 6.2, serpentine belt tensioner burrowed its way through the timing cover

12 Mustang 5.0 .............. waiting on HID headlights so that SJB F22 (parking lamps) will stop blowing. buddy somehow fried nearly every module and light bulb on this car.

meanwhile, the guy next to me is in the middle of 30 or so used units for reconditioning. i don't think he has left the brake lathe alone for more than 30 minutes all week. and this is what i get for being trained up : /