Job Postings

cbriggs

I know on the old DTS site there was a section for job postings, cant seem to find it anymore.

Anyhow,  we are looking for a Tech at work. We are a small Ford dealer, 3 guys in the shop (one of whom just gave notice) We are seeking a tech to replace him, Ford experience is a definite asset but not required. We run two techs and an apprentice, so for my sanity I hope we can find someone soon! We are straight flat rate, I think there may be a straight time guarantee for new people. For info email Dan@kickinghorseford.com or PM me if interested. We are in a mountain resort town of apprx 6000 people, 2.5hrs west of Calgary, 7 hrs east of Vancouver.

We have been looking for techs and apprentices as well for quite some time now, as well as other area stores with far better offers than us. Thus, it is no surprise that no one is biting.

We have been looking for techs and apprentices as well for quite some time now, as well as other area stores with far better offers than us. Thus, it is no surprise that no one is biting.

Here in NJ things are the same. We put out ads for a diesel tech... and typically we get few bites and from guys that, well lets just say they don't get hired. Recently we simply get NO CALLS at all.

What's a senior/diesel guy making near toronto mike?I'm hourly now and can't complain.

$35.20 per flat rape hour.

Is that with or without bonus' like training for example? I am not going to complain so much about my wage now.

What's a senior/diesel guy making near toronto mike?I'm hourly now and can't complain.

$35.20 per flat rape hour.

Is that with or without bonus' like training for example? I am not going to complain so much about my wage now.

That's only when I do "diesel" work. When I'm not, I get the same $29.50 that everyone else gets.

I make $26 an hour with an additional bonus of $1 for every hour the other guys put out for being the "team leader" in our truck shop. We have 3 other techs and an oil changer, so their hours come out to around 120-150 hours per week. Our labor rate down here is $106 per hour normally. Boss told me when I get all my certs, I'll get another raise. Still have brakes, steering and suspension, auto trans, and drivetrain to go.

I make $22/hr, 40hrs guaranteed then every diesel hour I turn I get an extra $5.  Whatever that works out to be gets tacked on to my hourly rate since I mostly break even.  I could potentially make up to $29 but there would have to be some serious work around and I'd have to stop taking calls all day too (I have my own desk now :D ).  

Our diesel rate is $100/hr while our two biggest competitors are still at $93.  I kind of wish I was in a bigger shop with more work but on the other hand I like being the only diesel guy, we'd never have enough room for anyone else so it would stay as me running the show as long as I'm here. I could very easily get a raise but I'm too worried it could backfire, I'm the only one who hasn't complained in a while (shocking I know).  Plus I don't feel like I've put my time in like some of you other guys.   

I feel your pain though.  I'm no longer the highest paid even if my effective labor rate is the highest. 

I have Ford certs for gas repair, brakes, climate, electrical, electronics, suspension. In the past 12 months I have seen both ends of the spectrum.

$17.50 straight time at Ford in Charlottetown, PEI. The door rate was $79. These were bad times. I got out of there right quick and went back out to the western part of the country.

Currently working, living and loving it in Peace River, Alberta. $45/flat rate + bonus (avg 700/month). Diesel guys get $46. We have more work than I know what to do with in an old, run down shop. The new shop is currently under construction across the street and is due for a March-ish opening at current pace. We're hiring.

• Like 2

What are you guys a motorsport store also?

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if so the answer's no. We're a regular Ford store, and due to the nature of our climate and economy I rarely touch anything smaller than a half ton. Lots and lots of pick 'em up trucks.

Gotchya. When you said motorsport my mind went to Ford Racing/SVT.

We sell Arctic Cat products, various campers as well as Lowe boats and Merc outboards. Thankfully I don't have to fool around with small engines unless it's one of my own.

Our door rate is 124, but any work we do for local customers they are discounted to 99 to stay competitive with the indy's around here. I get a raise to 37.50 flat rate on Jan 1st when our warrantee rate goes up. No bonuses or anything, but averaging 250 to 280 hours per month. (although I hit 320 in October)