6.7L Primary Radiator Part Number Update

Rate this topic

mchan68

Just playing around looking up commonly failing parts I noticed 6.7L rads have now changed up part numbers from BC3Z-8005-E to BC3Z-8005-G. Does anyone know if these rads are in fact updated in some way to prevent repeat failures, or is this something I'm going to have to look forward to, as a regular maintenance replacement being the owner of one myself?

Looks like G is about $30 cheaper cost.  What's weird is this remark when you search BC3Z-8005-G in DOW. 

PENDING OBSOLETE, NEW LEVEL BC3Z8005K IN TRANSIT YET.  That message was from 2 days ago.  Its showing K's in transit to some depots. 

If I am not mistaken, Aaron put one of them in his 6.4 and it still sprung a leak like the Ford units.

I was just going to say that. And he's far from the only one from what I read. I am actually quite baffled as to why Ford hasn't figured out what's causing these failures with the number of years they've been in production.

It seems like the core fractures and leaks, NOT the side tanks or side tank gaskets.  They crack usually about 8 inches down where the cross tubes meet the aluminum end plate.  And yes the Mishi's leak as well and crack in the same place.

It is hard to ignore the core support torquing the radiator as something that needs to be investigated. 6.4 and 6.7 share that design and mount and kill radiators in similar fashion.

• 2 weeks later...

so far I have yet to change a 6.7 radiator. lots of 6.0s and 6.4s but yet to change one on our fleet of 6.7s

my personal 6.7 has 118k on it and Ive had engine oil leaks(upper pan) and transmission(torque converter) leak but no coolant yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Mishmoto ones are junk and their warranty sucks balls to deal with.

I've got a 2yr/unlimited FoMoCo one in it now. (Which has failed once already since May of this year)

I've changed the body mount isolators, hogged out the upper radiator mounts to allow it to move around. We'll see what happens. I also dropped to a 10psi cap.

• 5 months later...

Put in two of the new "K" radiators. I noticed something odd about them. Nothing on PTS or in WSM. Asked Hotline and waiting for reply.

20160516_085337.jpg

20160516_085320.jpg

Same here. Drilled a hole and put the clip on

Was going to do that, then I also noticed the slot for the clip is not cast the same either. Hotline said there has been no parts change info sent out. I left it as is. There is no slop in the fit up in that corner anyways.

The part number has changed up yet again, this time to Motorcraft part number RAD-61. Almost seems like they can't stop updating it. On a different note, has anyone else ever had a repeat rad failure on a 6.7 yet? I know there have been numerous repeat failures on 6.4 trucks, but I don't think I've heard of any on a 6.7 truck yet.

• 2 weeks later...