What's In Your Bay - Part VI

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

03 E450 7.3 ambulance coolant leak from front cover

97 F800 for a fuel leak

06 F350 for brakes and check over.

a couple of 6.7 def heaters

Got a 11 escape here that's been around a while. The other guy, before he left, put a torque converter, valve body and TCC solenoid in it because it was lurching and stalling out at a stop in gear. After the roadtest it was intermittently not engaging and had a noise.

The whole rear planetary is welded to the o/d clutch hub. The center planetary is destroyed also. Nothing left of the No. 3 bearing

Finally finishing up my used vehicle set of 6.0 head gaskets. Had a 05 F550 show up this morning with a horridly popped egr cooler that's probably gonna be spw and it was overheated pretty good so who knows what else I'm gonna find. And we had a 13? F350 with a 6.7 towed in with low frp and icp codes and low relative compression on #2 and 3.

- Dana 80 let go and took out its ring, pinion and both side gears on a 15 6.7 dually

- Clockspring on a 2016 Explorer

- Canister and an FTP sensor/line, r/rear door handle on an 11 Fusion

- Right side cylinder head on a 12 F150 5.0, if I get the go ahead

Upper oil pan on a 2016 6.7L. Also has a torque converter seal leak, but I can't get the torque converter out of the pump in the conventional manner. 

I can't get the torque converter out of the pump in the conventional manner.

Care to explain?

I'm curious too.

I can't get the torque converter out of the pump in the conventional manner.

Care to explain?

I'm curious too.

Never mind. I was trying to walk it out onto my bench by building a bridge with pieces of wood so I wouldn't have to remove it from the jack. After setting it nose up it lifted right out.

I miss TC drain plugs.

If "remove torque converter" is ever spoken I immediately picture spilled red fluid in my mind.

02 f-350 oil leaks everywhere oh and the powertrain is an 06 e-series. Kind of a cobbled together pile.

2005 E-450 big yellow school bus no crank -- a/c pulley tight, idler stuck. 

Got a problem with this 11 escape 6F35 I inherited.  Total disassembly and overhaul to clean up from failed planetaries.  All back together and I've got something wrong with intermediate.   1-2 and 5-6 are harsh all the time.  I did put a new SSC in (along with all the other solenoids) but I guess I'm gonna take the main control back out and have another look.   I can't imagine what is wrong unless I mixed up SSC and TCC and they're different band numbers. 

If you look at the auto trans tech to tech boards I think have a solution to my problem.  I must have put the intermediate piston return spring upside down causing no resistance when the clutch applies.  This makes the most sense since the harsh shift is all the time regardless of temp, load, etc.  I know something didn't seem right when I put it in but damn it if days didn't go by between teardown and reassembly. 

I did pull the main control out today and found no issues with the solenoids or VB.

Got a '14 F-450 with a leak between the trans & transfer case. Anybody done or have any advice on doing the rear seal on a 6R140? Dealer said I could borrow the spanner 307-649. Do I also need the installer? Updated seal is a kit BC3Z7052B

Got a '14 F-450 with a leak between the trans & transfer case. Anybody done or have any advice on doing the rear seal on a 6R140? Dealer said I could borrow the spanner 307-649. Do I also need the installer? Updated seal is a kit BC3Z7052B

I did one seal 5 years or so ago and honestly I don't remember a damn thing about it.  The only reason I remember it is because the truck I did it on shouldn't have been lifted on the rack I lifted it on. 

Thanks
That's encouraging...Lucky me. :facepalm:

That's basically the answer I have been getting which is why I spent more time then I got paid doing the diag. Guess I will find out for sure when I pull the transfer case. Glad I do not have to buy the spanner socket. 

I have replaced several. I also put t case input seal in at same time. I have always used the seal installer but being at dealer I have available to me. On the first one I did I broke the spanner socket pins right off. I didn't heat the nut first. That nut is tight and loaded with loctite. (I think Ford has stock in loctite as much as they use) I am pretty sure your seal kit comes with new nut. If not I recommend replacing them together.

An '06 E-Series school bus for 8 injectors and coolers... I pulled  a muscle in my lower back last Wed and the job is fuckin killiin me!!! Its basically done but I still need to replace the DFCM and replace the rusted tank which of course is a full 50 gallons. I love these  local municipalities. They brought it in for a vibration that gets better when they turn off overdrive. It ran so poorly, on 5 cylinders once warmed up, that I would not road test it fearing that I would get 10 minutes away from the shop and the fuel rail would fill with combustion gases and die on the highway.  Damn thing would not even start without a little MAF sensor cleaner.

WTF!!! :mad:  (its the pain talkin)

I put some valve cover harness wedgies in a low miles 7.3 today.  Got it all back together and #1 doesn't buzz.  Somehow the valve cover when wiggling it back into place unplugged the injector.  My original problem was on the left side and I upsold the right!

I've got a ton of stuff outside waiting to come in