Good Sayings

Rate this topic

HeuiTim

Pictures of tacos? Eaaaaaasy there!

Is a family run joint here, I was just playin Posted Image

But that pizza-taco looks pretty damn tempting.

I should put the fat joe pic up again...I'm overdue for one of those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe fits here....

I worked with an old country boy and a customer returned with his car with coolant leaking out of weep hole 200 miles after the car had been in for service. The S/A sent the customer back to talk to the tech and the tech put his arm over the customer's shoulder, pointed up at a light bulb in shop and said, "sir can you tell me when that light bulb's going to burn out?". The customer walked up to the service write up and happily gave the required info and left his car for the water pump.

Maybe fits here....

I worked with an old country boy and a customer returned with his car with coolant leaking out of weep hole 200 miles after the car had been in for service. The S/A sent the customer back to talk to the tech and the tech put his arm over the customer's shoulder, pointed up at a light bulb in shop and said, "sir can you tell me when that light bulb's going to burn out?". The customer walked up to the service write up and happily gave the required info and left his car for the water pump.

Thank god, I'm going to use that one with all my customers. Different field, same stuff.

Maybe fits here....

That's a good one. I'll have to use it.

This one may already be on here, but i have found it relevent a few times as of late, so, here it is:

"I'de agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong"

or

"I see your point of view, but you're still an idiot"

I'd like to see things from your point of view..... but I just can't get my head that far up my ass...

One time, many moons ago in a different venue, we were discussing a couple of fellow employees. You know the kind... they suck up to management real hard.... "Bill has his nose stuffed so far up the bosses arse - he can see Stans heels".

Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body..., but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...

'What a trip!'

I recalled the orignal post Bruce made with a tear in my eye... This was part of the eulogy at Billy Lukans funeral here in Slave lake (one of the too many funerals I've been to in the last while).

Billy was a self made man... worth more than a lot of us put together... His favourite footwear? Gumboots (wellies for you Brits) turned down at the top....