Good Sayings

Rate this topic

HeuiTim

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy shit.... what a ride!"

+1 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I think about that quote all the time. Thats how I like to live my life.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Keep them coming guys. Lots of good ones. Here's one I saw many years ago. Shop rates $85/ hour. $95/ hour if you watch. $125/ hour if you help. $250/ hour if you try to fix it yourself first, then bring it in. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

My buddy (Tony knows him) Skippy ACTUALLY asked a girl once if she'd like to go back to his place for some Pizza and Sex. After the instinctual "what the hell?" look on her face, he said "What - you don't like pizza?"

That was about 9 or 10 years ago at a punk show in Chicago, lol.

Dave

Signs I have collected in my toolbox:

"Doing a good job around here is like pissing your pants in a dark suit--it gives you a warm feeling all over, but nobody notices."

"We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing and the Incompetent, are trying to do the Impossible for the Ungrateful."

"I offer three types of service here, please choose one--

1) I can do a Cheap Job Quick, but it won't be Good.

2) I can do a Good Job Cheap, but it won't be Quick.

3) I can do a Good Job Quick, but it won't be Cheap!"

"Hourly labor rate charge is directly proportional to Customer's Attitude."

A sign that I had emailed to me:

NOTICE

This Department requires no physical Fitness program.

Everyone gets enough exercise Jumping to Conclusions,

Flying off the handle, Running down the boss, knifing

friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing

their luck.

I believe that it is the current crop of Sprint commercials. Ozzy is speaking as Ozzy will...... and he winds up having to text message his replies for people to understand....

You colonists have a hard time with it.... but at one point, I can clearly hear him state... "It makes me want to shave me bollocks".

This man is truly in tune with our times....

• 4 weeks later...

You just reminded me of the back door customers that come walking into the shop. This is something I used to love saying at Fourlane when a customer walked into the shop and asked me if I was a Mechanic: No, but I stayed at a Holliday Inn Express last nite. Ahhh, the looks on their faces when you use that line. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hahaha.gif Or I would would say no and point at a poor apprentice and say I'm just the janitor, you need to go talk to that guy over there.

While not a saying, there is always the tale of a tech named "Jeff". Jeffs coveralls proudly proclaimed "Mike" over his left tit.

If he was approached by someone calling him "Jeff", he would take the time... if the stranger called him "Mike"... well... we know where that's going to go.

I read a good quote in a book that I used on a former employer of mine. We were starting a fleet/truck center with a secondary P&A. When we asked for equipment he said he had to see some revenue first. I said, "does it make sense to tell your fire place 'no, I won't give you any fire wood until you give me some heat?'" It was funny. He didn't respond. Just turned very red, took a real long drag from his cigarette, and mean mugged me. It's fun to make people that think they're smarter than you, feel stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

"I do precisin guesswork based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."

I saw this on a sign - little different, it said 'WE do...blahblah' and it was followed with "What would you like fixed today?"