Good Sayings

Rate this topic

HeuiTim

I'm sure we've all been able to kick ourselves for not listening to this one..

"If you do the things you need to do, when you need to do them, then someday you can do the things you want to do, when you want to do them."

And of course, there's the classic - "Remove the bolt" which of course implies that there's 17 minutes of sweating and struggling not mentioned in the workshop manual.

Dave

I like it when you are told "Remove and discard" and when warranty asks for it back - you say you threw it out. They get upset /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Go to the online WSM for the 07 F350.... Section 206-10 works good..... Click on the Symptom Chart and scroll to the bottom of it.....

The word "DUH" comes to mind.....

Admittedly, I can see where they are going with this symptom.... But all I can see is the this "DUH" will have an echo because we wont do what we say we did.... and I'm about to stick my foot in my mouth in another thread....

On another venue, I am hated because I had the utter chutzpah to suggest that a wiener (Ford finds this term derogatory) that had access to free training (but didn't get paid to take it) was a wiener for not taking the free training when he had the chance....

Cutting you nose off to spite your face is a pretty low rent manoeuver.... "I didn't want to improve my knowledge base and skill set because I don't get paid to make myself more valuable".... "DUH"... What C&W singer said "Here's your sign..."?

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok - everyone knows me here."

"Ahh, I see the fuck-up fairy has visited us once again!"

"Did I just hear a toilet flush?"

While pushing trucks inside: "POWERED BY YOU!"

"I quit drinking, they invented a funnel."

These are classics! They have the requisite slightly painful connection to reality quality that makes them irrestiably funny.

Oh, and BTW, Jim, that isn't a singer but a comedian (maybe the finer points of US Redneck humor doesn't reach that far north?). You could probably Utube Bill Engval and find a handful of "Here's ......" skits.

Quote:
As seen on a t-shirt: "I snatch kisses, and visa-versa"
Quote:
Was the shirt worn by a man or woman?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif
It was on a dude at a truck stop. It could go either way though /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The truly sad part is that there isn't a lot of difference between a shoddy tech and a great tech.... A shoddy tech cares about what happens ON payday... a great one worries about what happens between them....

Someone who would lie FOR you, will eventually lie TO you.

Thats is a good one. I can't remember who has is on as thier signature, "People who talk to you about other people will talk to other people about you. "

A taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

A great explanation a good ol' boy co-worker of mine told a customer when he was complaining about a water pump that leaked within days of a maintenance service visit, "Sir, do you see that working light bulb up there in that fixture? Can you please tell me when it is going to burn out?"

Customer cooled right off and happily walked out to get in shuttle van.

A friend of mine goes for a ride with a customer with a noise complaint. It's a 100 degrees out and they have the windows rolled up ridin' around. Tech says "sir do you normally have your a/c off?" customer says no and he sets it at a comfortable level. Tech says "do you listen to the radio when you drive?" Agian the customer sets the radio to a normal listening level. They drive a little further and tech asks "do you hear the noise now?" Customer smiles and says I guess we can head back to the shop.

• 3 months later...

I just had to renew this thread to change the pace from all of the world issues lately. Here's some pick up lines from Saskatchewan (where I'm from), enjoy:

Did you fart? cuz you blew me away.

My Love fer you is like diarrhea. I can't hold it in.

Is there a mirror in yer pants? cuz I can see myself in em.

If you was a tree & I was a Squirrel, I'd store my nuts in yer hole.

You might not be the best lookin girl here, but beauty's only a light switch away.

I know I'm not no Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make yer bed-rock.

I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him?

I think he went inta this cheap motel room...

Yer face reminds me of a wrench, every time I think of it, my nuts tighten up.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy shit.... what a ride!"

+1 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I think about that quote all the time. Thats how I like to live my life.