6005F6 0.1 KOER

6005F11 0.1 EXHAUST RESTRICTION TEST

6005F13 0.2 FUEL CONTAMINATION CHECK

6005F14 0.1 INTAKE RESTRICTION TEST

6005F18 0.4 ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP PRESSURE TEST

6005F41 0.3 HIGH PRESSURE FUEL SYSTEM TEST

6005F45 0.3 DIESEL ENGINE PERFORMANCE - PINPOINT TEST

6005PA 0.3 6.0/6.4 COMPONENT PRIOR APPROVAL

6007B 6.1 REMOVE AND INSTALL CAB(PAYS 5.9 IF REGULAR CAB)

6007B47 2.6 PUMP-HIGH PRESSURE-REMOVE AND REPLACE

MT071208 1.0+ MANUAL TIME FOR SPUN CAGE NUT

TOTAL 12.2

THIS IS WHAT MY SUBMISSION MIGHT LOOK LIKE FOR THIS CONCERN, YOU CAN ALSO CLAIM M-TIME IF THERE IS AN AFTERMARKET GRILL GUARD/BUMPER AND/OR HEADACHE RACK THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED FOR CAB OFF, ANY AFTERMARKET WIRING FOR STUFF IN THE BED?

• 2 weeks later...

GOT ONE IN MY STALL NOW, DID ALL THE CHECKS YESTERDAY AFTERNOON, GOT APPROVAL THIS MORNING FOR A PUMP - P0088, P2269 - NO METAL DEBRIS IN SYSTEM - HAD OVER 26,000 PSI WITH ONLY 19,000 PSI DESIRED....

• 4 weeks later...

I got one in today for same concern, P0088, intermittent. Leaning towards pump replacement as well, all the electrical checks pass. There was metal in the secondary housing but the hotline blew it off and said that might be from the fuel cooler??? Going to do the debris check on monday morning...

Well finally put the new pump in today for intermittent p0088, fired her up, pulled out of the bay and stepped on it, and no power. Then the wrench light comes on and puts it into derate. Never did that before! Sets p0087 now, and the low icp while cranking code, can't recall the number, not at work now. Bled the crap out of it, has lots of flow and no bubbles. Starts good, but on first accell falls on its face and sets the wrench light. It will stumble for a couple of seconds then suddenly clear up, and all will be ok until next start. ICP does drop when it happens, and if you clear the dtc's with the engine running it pulls good with perfect fuel pressure, until next start. Is the vcv valve giving me action now, or am I missing something. And the poor guy that put in the pump is going to one of his kids wedding in Vancouver tomorrow. He is feeling like crap now for leaving this job behind and won't be able to stop thinking about it when he is gone. I suspect the cab will be coming off again, at least the cab bolts will come out nice. We did reset all the adaptive tables, still nfg. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow.

Don't know in either case. No circuit fault codes. It would be nice to find the smoking gun before it goes back together again. Will be looking at them real close.

I have one in my stall for a hp pump and gasket. Lifting the cab on this truck was damn near an all day thing with all the wires and air hoses they have underneath the body. There were plenty of times where I just wanted to take my wire cutters and just chop all the wires but that would of been hell trying to figure what goes where. As it is now I don't remember where all those wires go.

Got one today with the P0088 and low power.

Erase the code and the truck run fine for a couple of miles and then start again to lost power and the P0088 came back.

Perform pinpoint test with no problem found, no air in fuel.

One thing i had notice is the FPCV pids goes suddently from 46% to 20 % when the concern occur.

I was thiking about the FPCV valve stick by intermittence.

I request to hotline and to told me to check for air in fuel.

I read here some of you had change the HP fuel pump with succes ...

Yes, look real close at the 2 wires on the pump harness too if it isn't the updated one with the tubing around them. They rub against the HP pump and will cause a short. Hotline is a waste of time anymore it seems...I got the guy fresh out of 6.4 school or something, he was like the cheerleader for "The Robust 6.4" he called it...lol....freaking killin me........

Yes, look real close at the 2 wires on the pump harness too if it isn't the updated one with the tubing around them. They rub against the HP pump and will cause a short. Hotline is a waste of time anymore it seems...I got the guy fresh out of 6.4 school or something, he was like the cheerleader for "The Robust 6.4" he called it...lol....freaking killin me........

Thanks Fordtech03 Posted Image

I always put a new gasket when i need to remove the pump cover to do a repair.

I don't want to do the job twice.

I have seen wire rubbing against the pump on 2 truck before but i have always get a blown fuse and no start with this concern, but i will take a look closely on this one Posted Image

Yup, that'll fixit. Had one here the same. Other shop cleared P0088 and did reflash, sent truck on its way. Made it here, same code. Watched FPCV Pid and it went high during concern. Tech replaced HP pump and concern gone. Posted Image

An old digital camera is a great thing to have in your toolbox. I have been known to snap pictures if things to help me remember how something is assembled or in one instance, wired up.

Great idea Keith. Posted Image I use my cellphone camera to record anything worth noting, even body damage that I didn't do but could be blamed for later.(it has happened before. I don't trust anybody anymore) Posted Image