Town Car frame

Rate this topic

Several years ago, flatratetech.com (oh, there is a sad,sad story hiding in that) hosted a picture essay on removing the cab from a late '90s/early '00s Expedition. I finally found the article in it's entirity.

For your viewing pleasure I offer http://www.denlorstools.com/autoblog/2009/01/expedition-cylinder-head-removal-body-off/

• 4 weeks later...

This whole shop is a friggin museum. We got the SBDS, SBTS (red topped cabinet in pic.), WDS, NGS, and a couple a Super Star II's around somewhere.

The dealer I just left still has a functioning SBDS.

Edit:  That still gets used a couple times a year.

Edited by Chase

Man I wish our SBDS worked. I would hang a sign in the front of the dealer that says we service EEC-IV vehicles. That thing was unbeatable for working OBD-1 Fords.

I didnt get to use the one we had very often(was dead half the time) but when I did it was a lifesaver. I loved that thing!

Did you tell us why you were slipping a new frame under this car Brad?

Judging by the fact that the front clip is removed in the first picture, I will guess front end collision with some frame damage.

Oh yeah, she took a lick.

Posted Image

Ford makes a replacement front frame section, similar to the Super Dutys. The break is between the front and rear subframe bolts. This one was bent just past the cut off point.

Posted Image

Well........that's what we were asking. Evidently this car belongs to a really old geezer who loves it and wants to go to the grave owning it. So a deal was worked out to fix it instead of totaling it. I collect 30 hours for my part.