F-350 ball Joint

Rate this topic

dieseldoc

Hey guys I'm working on a 06' F-350. Putting ball joints, tie-rods, the works in. I forgot my computer at home, so don't have any of my manuals. If anybody had a few minutes or remembers, the ball joint torque specs and tie rod end torque specs I could sure use em. Thanks guys.

Hmmm...  Am I going to be the only one that says they've never torqued a tie-rod end or ball-joint?

No Sir.  I haven't in a lonnnnnng time. And I can hear Jim now... "define torque critical."  I have never had an issue with just tightening chassis components.

Sounds dumb, but I impact them and then put a torque wrench on them.  Usually I find they are slightly overtightened.  By 5% or so.  It is kind of like a dumb game in my head.  Also our air pressure fluctuates from 90 to 120 psi.  I more do it so I can say I did it to prevent

any further liability.  Oil drain plugs I torque every one of them and type in on the ro.  Also helps me sleep at night.

I knew a guy that didn't want to dump any money into his winter beater Chevette that had a wicked pull. He just adjusted the front tire pressures till it drove straight.  :haha2:

I knew a guy that didn't want to dump any money into his winter beater Chevette that had a wicked pull. He just adjusted the front tire pressures till it drove straight.  :haha2:

Was he from North Carolina? Sounds like he was adjusting "stagger" like a pit crew.

I may try torqueing them if I remember on the next set.  I never have used an impact but rather just go by feel with a 1/2" ratchet.  It seems like if you snug the lower, then the upper, then retighten the lower until the knuckle moves with minimal resistance.

Kind of like the WSM says, which I had no idea about, had to learn that one on my own.