What's in your bay, part II

Rate this topic

Aaron

Posted Image

lets play "what's in my garage at home?"

correct answer? my truck backed in half way ass first with the RR brakes off because the caliper decided to freeze up on the way home. now my whole house smells like burnt brakes

luckily i found an old pair of oven mitts to use during disassembly

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.4 catastrophic failure with the cab in the air, 6.4 that grows oil quite rapidly, 6.0 Ambulance with leaking bedplate ( covered by 09m01 ), 2 e-series buses for egr/oil coolers, and a 6.4 with a melted engine harness and other melted plastic components under the hood along with more dry chemical extinguisher discharge than is reasonably necessary ! Friday can't come soon enough !

6.0 e series EGR/Oil coolers and intake cleaning. International 4700 needing a water pump and another 6.0 needing a front cover gasket. And they want them all done now.....

Yesterday I rebuilt a mangled convertible top on an 05 mustang. I'll take any diesel engine job over that anyday. One side rail broke and caused the other to pile up catastrophicly. Both side linkage/rail kits later and its alive.

• 2 weeks later...

today i put a pumpshaft and convertor in a taurus ax4n. started this morning, done around 3:30

yesterday i put a cac in a 6.4. loaded up with water. diesel work has been slim again recently. I've got one foot out the door, waiting for a call.

Well, 3 weeks into the new job. Traded working on super dutys to Detracking 13 piston bully groomers. Life is a lot different out of the dealership. Have pics soon.

Posted Image

lets play "what's in my garage at home?"

correct answer? my truck backed in half way ass first with the RR brakes off because the caliper decided to freeze up on the way home. now my whole house smells like burnt brakes

luckily i found an old pair of oven mitts to use during disassembly

Been there, except it was my Windstar. Both rear wheel cylinders siezed. What a stink. Managed to back off the shoes and limped it into work. Did the job in the parking lot cause all the bays were full though.

So let's play "What's in your driveway?"....

The answer is my camper......

It looks like my house got moved to a different town..... in a war zone....... Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

This week feels like I work at a speed shop, not a dealer. Monday installed 8 psi procharger on 2011 6.2l raptor. (That is a fun motherf*$cking truck to drive, over 600 hp) Yesterday put southbend clutch in a modded up dodge diesel, today diaged clutch problems in a modded 09 gt500 (675 hp). Then today was back to reality, drilling out broken rh side manifold bolts on an 08 f550 6.4l finning service body. Truck is too heavy to lift on any hoist, so I spent half the day on my knees.

This makes me shiver...thank god its just a 11b23 and not a engine repair but its only a matter of time. Yes its a 6.4

Posted Image

Yes...what is it's purpose?

The local police swat team vehicle and its purpose is to give bad guys a bad day. complete with battering ram attachments, second floor lift to shove through a window and pretty much bullet proof. All the body panels around the cab are 1/2" or greater steel plate. The hood and fenders are all 1/4" plate. Windows are 1" thick ballistic glass.

Its a tank.

I'll see your bet and raise you a F350 with a 6.2.... intake manifold full of water (yes... I'm talking slosh slosh gurgle gurgle kinda full)... I can't tell you how the water DID get in there - yet... but I can tell you how it didn't....

The local police swat team vehicle

I'm glad I don't live in a civilized area.... Our local SWAT team would likely be about 247 avid hunters with high powered scope equipped long guns and no tolerance for people that wont "cowboy up" and do the right thing... especially now we have a majority Tory government.

Digression.... thanks to the bleeding heart liberal insistence on a federal election (an election that they not only lost but an election that cost them their status as the "official opposition" but nearly their creditation as well), I will soon no longer be a criminal.

Quote:
The local police swat team vehicle and its purpose is to give bad guys a bad day. complete with battering ram attachments, second floor lift to shove through a window and pretty much bullet proof. All the body panels around the cab are 1/2" or greater steel plate. The hood and fenders are all 1/4" plate. Windows are 1" thick ballistic glass.
Makes me want to move right out to Arizona, I tell ya! Posted Image

Unfortunately my bay was full of metro transit buses all week. 4 of them with pan gaskets on all 4 and rear seals on 2. I am glad my week is over until tuesday. Hopefully better jobs next week.

Quote:

Makes me want to move right out to Arizona, I tell ya! Posted Image

No other state like it!!!

reasons for these swat vehicles?? With such a high influx of illiegals we have one of the highest car jacking/home invasions rates in the US they get put to use. Also I dont know what the percentage of people that carry a gun but its ALOT. I typically have 2 on or very close to me at all times

Also I dont know what the percentage of people that carry a gun but its ALOT. I typically have 2 on or very close to me at all times

Gee, it sure makes me want to consider moving out there. I guess if nothing else, we have VERY strict gun laws in Canada that keeps things under control SOMEWHAT. I think if if living in any community, where keeping a weapon handy at all times was deemed necessary for one's own protection and survival, it would be more prudent not to be living in said community to begin with.

It just sucks that we are taxed to death on just about EVERYTHING, just to keep all those severely overpaid and underworked civil servants happy, but that's a whole 'nother thread altogether.

Originally Posted By: DieselD
Also I dont know what the percentage of people that carry a gun but its ALOT. I typically have 2 on or very close to me at all times
Gee, it sure makes me want to consider moving out there. I guess if nothing else, we have VERY strict gun laws in Canada that keeps things under control SOMEWHAT. I think if if living in any community, where keeping a weapon handy at all times was deemed necessary for one's own protection and survival, it would be more prudent not to be living in said community to begin with.

It just sucks that we are taxed to death on just about EVERYTHING, just to keep all those severely overpaid and underworked civil servants happy, but that's a whole 'nother thread altogether.

With the risk of starting a whole other debate on the subject I feel its my RIGHT to be able to carry a gun if I so desire. I feel its a valid self defense method for if the need ever presented itself. I hope I never need to actually use it for that purpose but its there in case I need. Think of it as having the proper tool for the job. Just remember no amount of laws will keep the bad guy from arming himself and commiting a crime. Obviously they are not going to abide by the law in the first place. I live in a very good community but that does not mean its 100% safe. I also travel to the desert often and I have come across some wacked out people out there in the middle of no where. I do not want to be out there unarmed! Also I love to go out and target shoot/hunt. Its a blast and with arizona having lighter restrictions I can have pretty much anything I want which makes this state great. Its a great hobby.

better to have and not need than to need and not have

I work in the sticks for one, so i do have a gun around me at all times. Not to mention i'm obviously an avid sportsman