What's in your bay, part II

Rate this topic

Aaron

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They give the run around on so much warranty shit now it's unbelievable, my 6.4 fuel system claim is only now getting paid for and they're still fighting the low pump(which doesn't even run). I'm glad the hotline is stepping up and defending us. Any major warr repair I always put a hotline in, whether I need their help or not.

The mount with the trans has a shitload of bearing material in the pan after about 10 miles of driving. The fluid reflects more light than a disco ball.

Hotline says do pressure check it, do a cost cap, regardless of the result put a unit in it. So I'm redoing that one.

Only looked at one other vehicle today.... a 05 4.0 explorer with an obvious misfire. cust states it's overheating and they already changed the thermostat and waterpump. let's see.... it's smoking white out of the tailpipe and the degas is empty

oh yeah and I found a wynn's warranty brochure suspiciously laying in the center console

Now they want pics and maintenence records. The pics are no problem, the failure is obvious. The records are going to be this claims down fall. They have them but are not so regular. Sadly the failure was caused by the HPP leaking into the crankcase and you know the rest.

I have 06 F350 Crew Cab Dually, EGR delete, Programmer, 5" Exaust. Yes folks we have all the bells and whisles on this one! Shut down going up Laurel Mountian pulling 15K travel trailer.

Both of those 4.0 heads have .012" warp between the cylinders, when I set the straight edge down I about laughed my head off. The shortblock looks fine even with all the coolant in the oil. The heads are going off to the machine shop tomorrow, if they can be fixed it'll go back together, if not it's getting a used engine

one head was out .015" and the other .013". they obviously can't be fixed, so now what? Surely I have no idea but something tells me the least desirable outcome is near

possible outcomes in most favorable order

1. used engine

2. veh towed away with no engine

3. used cylinder heads

4. throw it back together and hope it atleast drives out of the parking lot

I have never seen one of those engines warp heads without a really good reason. If it was cooked that bad, the engine is scrap, IMHO. If you put it back together and the pistons rattle from collapsed skirts, along with the noisy cam chains, you are so married to it. Option 1 is ok as long as whoever is supplying it will stand behind it.

I remember when the 06's were fresh off the truck and the transporters would bring it over from the yard a few miles away pinging and the guage pinned and no coolant in the motor because of broken lower radiator hose clamps at the radiator. I never saw one with engine damage as a result.

I gotta stop tearing apart these 6F35s with horse blinders on. I did the typical direct/OD replacement but I totally missed the intermediate was burned until I was going back together. Never saw that before, bottom of the one way was leopard spotted bad. If I remember I'll get a pic

Finally have approval for long block. Been a few weeks. Now I get to put it all back together.

This wasn't ESP by any chance was it? I have one an '06 in my bay right now for head gaskets. After a week of back and forth contact with WEPA, they decided to send an inspector out. Even the inspector himself was wondering why he was even sent in the first place. Posted Image

Originally Posted By: lmorris

Finally have approval for long block. Been a few weeks. Now I get to put it all back together.

This wasn't ESP by any chance was it? I have one an '06 in my bay right now for head gaskets. After a week of back and forth contact with WEPA, they decided to send an inspector out. Even the inspector himself was wondering why he was even sent in the first place. Posted Image

No ESP. New vehicle powertrain warranty. The reason it took so long is they kept "losing or couldn't properly see" the pictures we sent. After 2 weeks of taking pictures and messing with wrong Email addresses, we got approval. Then it took a week to get the engine.

2011 f150 lariat 3.4l ecoboost. This thing is sweeet! It had a safety inspection and the customers picking it up in the morning and got it parked in the shop.

93 crown vic heatercore replacement, started at 5 and finished at 9. The core was fine but my customer insisted it was bad because of a little water on the passenger side under the dash. He said he smelled a coolant smell. He brought his own core from autozone. Im going to run a hose over the windsheild in the morning. Also got a mis at idle that goes away on accel that he didnt even care to complain about but tells me next time he comes here he wants me to repair/replace what evers needed to get his a/c working. and wants me to see why it's missing when i texted him about it.

94 t-bird 4.6l just sitting here, overheats after half a mile, needs left cyl. head and possibly right. customer is undecided what to do and problobly will take another few months to reach a decision.

Just finihed upper alternator replacement and lower alt. harness replacement on 06 e350.

Finished up 2 E 450 6.0 engine jobs. 2007 F450 in the process of being torn down to find the cause of glitter in the oil, 2008 F450 coming in Monday for a growing oil concern.

2 LCF's coming in for injector concerns, clutch job in a Sterling dump truck, and a Freightliner needing an entire fuel system in a DD15 for metal contamination.

More overtime for the next couple of weeks !!

Nothing in my bays now feels pretty damn good but a odd feeling!!.....

actually at the moment my makeshift bays consist of two trucks, one getting shocks, steering stuff,prndl, airbox and some mild welding. the other is a newly built 2011 I need to apply decals and a license plate to put into service

I will take some pics of my "new" shop compared to my "old" shop. It might make some of you guys go WTF how could you leave that! Posted Image