What's In Your Bay - Part IV

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Oh cool! Does that rotor make that cool engine sound like when we attached playing cards to our bicycle frames with clothes pins to make a motor sound when we were kids?  :haha2:

2011 F550 that I finally recieved all my high pressure fuel system parts for, A 2001 F550 tow truck that needs a fuel tank, 2008 F450 with a right hand exhaust manifold leak and nasty oil leak from the front of engine, 2001 F450 with alternator and EBP sensor, 2012 F350 for a DEF pump( bad pressure sensor). My partner in diesel goes on holidays and it gets crazy busy. And all the advisors are fighting over what gets in first, FUN TIMES.

That truck only has 13k miles on it. It's a plow truck, probably it's 3rd winter. 550s in our area get semi annually inspected and there's no way these wheels have ever been off. It took me over an hour to beat the rears off with a 10lb sledge.

My arms are still mush. Anyone ever used a dually buddy? I think we talked that tool a while ago.

Yes. It is a fucking awesome tool.

Failing that, cut the threaded end off a balljoint press that's no good, and adjust sizing to fit through most wheel holes.

Then cut a groove in it to hook wheels. If you have a busted balljoint press around its good. Otherwise buy the tool, especially if there is any salt around you.

I ordered a dually buddy so we'll see how it works. I'm not looking for something to take the place of a hammer just to make it a little easier to hold pressure on the wheel.

On today's plate is a BJB harness for a 2011 F-250 6.7. Harness is all corroded in the box and the truck won't crank unless you jump the exciter right to power. Also the thing is getting an EGR cooler.

08 Silverado with a 4.8, hydrolocked with coolant on cylinder 6 ..... quoted a reman engine, but the customer wants to take a flyer on pulling the head and having it milled and pressure checked along with a new head gasket.

02 7.3 F550 for a clutch and flywheel

07 F150 for an SJB

aaaand, my new (to me) 2003 Sierra 3500 dually, 6.0 gas 4x4. it needs the typical GM stuff: oil and tranny cooler lines, steering shaft, x-fer case front and rear output seals, p/s pressure line from the pump to the hydro unit, one ball joint and one outer CV boot - nothing about $400 and a saturday can't fix. couldn't say no for the price, and i'm not going to lie i'm not exactly sad to see my 6.4 go. it was good to me, but who knows for how long ....

My forth EBP sensor in as many days. 1 6.4L, 2 6L f350's and 1 E350 Ambulance. Also found the aux. heater quick connects leaking when I had the dog house off. 3 particle filters lined up, 2 retail, when the parts come in. 3 trucks waiting for DEF reserviors to come in.  Another blown up 6.7L in an F550 waiting outside as well, same company as the last one.

My forth EBP sensor in as many days. 1 6.4L, 2 6L f350's and 1 E350 Ambulance.

Make that 5, 2005 F350.

Edit: make that 6: 2007 F350.

- Finally around to resealing everything on the engine for a 3.0 Escape.

- Rear pinion bearings on an 07 F550 with the big Dana axle

- Clutch packs on a 9.75

- Rear knuckles (noisy bushings), brakes, tires, alignment, door latches, front ball joints on an '11 Flex for a ton of hours

all retail, but to be done by Tuesday at close ... Wednesday is a travel day before doing Ford's brakes course and then doing the HVAC one right afterward

I've been standing around with my thumb up my ass for 2 days.  Got a 6.4 waiting for authorization on a shortblock and high pressure turbo/horizontal cooler.  Can't pull the cab either.  Nothing else around so I've been doing used cars.

Tomorrow I've got a PTU leaking trans fluid on a 12 edge.  I've been doing these damn seals since day one. 

So I take your going to work today? :)

Indeed. Just got back, actually. I got a good handle on the Escape - pulled the motor and got it all resealed. It's sitting on the cradle ready to go back in first thing on Monday morning.

woohoo, got an okay on a customer pay 6.4 shortblock, this will be my first one without pulling the cab.  Also got another one waiting for an okay on a rad, upper hose and a EGT13.

6.4 no cab pull

Okay 2 days off from diesels and I'm paying for it now.  6.4 shortblock in one bay so what should I do in the other bay.....oh how about a 6.4 shortblock.

Had a 12 F-550 towed in last night, engine idled.  Every NOx DTC possible.  Found the VPWR for NOx module where the harness runs up above the crossmember at the back of the cab all flattened out.  There must be quite a bit of flex in that chassis to pinch that harness between the cab and the frame. Fixed it up, put it through a drive cycle, no more codes.